Thursday, April 3, 2014

3 Years!

Happy 3 Year Anniversary to us! Funny story about our wedding date... We actually planned to get married on March 26. We had the church, venue, caterer, save the dates sent and even coozies made! Sometime in October, I had a visit paid to my office by my florist and sponsor for the Rosalind Club. I was working for Arthur's Catering at the time. So instead of calling me, she planned to sit down with me and the owner of the catering company. The owner of my company told me we needed to have a meeting and to come into his office. I was terrified! What did I do wrong?!!? I had just gotten a gleaming review, what could we need to talk about? So, I sweated while I waited for him to come in to start the meeting. When he did come in, he wasn't alone, my florist/sponsor was there too. They told me to sit down. I think because they thought I was a bridezilla and that I would absolutely lose my cookies if my perfect wedding day was being ruined! But, I remained pretty calm! It was explained that over the summer vacation, my date was given away by the club because some paperwork was lost. When it was all said and done, we sent change the dates and all of our vendors were available the following weekend on April 2! Thank goodness! Come to think of it, I like April 2 better anyway, and my sweet nephew's birthday is April 1! Everything happens for a reason! 

We will celebrate on Saturday at Hy's Steakhouse in Waikiki! I am really looking forward to the table-side Banana's Foster! YUM! But of course, we have to celebrate at home too! Kyle was able to come home at a decent hour from work and we had a nice little dinner of steak, potatoes and asparagus! We can't forget the sparkling cider and yummy desserts! I got an assortment of minis from Whole Foods! The macaroons and cannoli were the best! They were pricy, but worth every penny! 

Every year, as tradition, we watch our wedding video. It's just the "cinematic" portion, so it is only about 20 minutes! It brings back so many memories of such a great day! During the video, I realized that next year we will be watching it with Charlotte! I can't wait until she is older and can talk about the video and ask us questions. Oh to wonder what she will think of her parents on their wedding day! I'm sure by the time she if a teenager she will think everything was so out of style! 
Kyle enjoying a scotch and my sparkling cider with strawberries
while we watch our wedding video!

Some of my favorite photos from our wedding day!







Thanks for all the anniversary wishes! :) 


No comments :

Post a Comment