Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Charlotte's Baby Shower

A baby shower is one of those things that everyone loves! How can you resist baby pink or baby blue and all of the cute little items that come along with it? I know I always get excited when I get to buy a baby shower gift because it gives me excuse to peruse the aisles of the baby stores! Of course, when we were planning to get pregnant, we knew that we would be having the baby in Hawaii away from our families and friends. I am very thankful that I was able to still have a baby shower even though I'm thousands of miles away from my family and friends. My family had a trip planned for March, so we figured it would be perfect timing so that they could help to coordinate and celebrate with me!





In Charlotte's room with all of her gifts!

My sister sent out questions to the guest list and asked them to respond with their answers. This was one of my favorite parts of the shower! It was so neat and special to hear everyone's responses! Here are some of the answers: 

What names are they considering for Baby Girl Chance?
Charlotte and Charlotte
Oh goodness! I don't really know...Allison, you probably have a variety of cute names picked out already. Maybe the middle name will be Rebecca because it's one of your middle names?
Kallison
 Charlotte Chance!
Charlotte!
Charlotte!! (Charley)
Charlotte Ava

What is the color they have picked for baby's room?
Orange and Blue - Go Gators!
I know you don't want to overdue it with pinks, so maybe a light tan or grey? Something more neutral since you'll be bedazzling the room with cute decor. 
Pink and Gray
Pink?? 
Revere Pewter
Green
Revere Pewter (white and gray theme)
Gray

What is the exact due date for the baby?
July 23, 2014, 11:11 a.m.
July 24th?
July 4th
July 10th ( I hope because that's my birthday)
July 25th
July 29th
Late July 


What advice can you give Kyle and Allison on becoming parents?
Don't take advice from us... what do we know?

Since I'm not a parent, I'm not sure how valid my advice will be :) But I would just say, you're both extremely loving and generous people. Try not to worry too much and enjoy all of the time you have with Baby C because it will probably fly by! 

Give hugs and kisses and say I love you every day

Gosh where to start...
     - continue loving on your hubby - it's so beneficial for the babe to see how much you love each other 
    - take any advice or book you read with a grain of salt - your baby and your bond will be completely unique so just study her and go from there (she'll sleep, walk, talk and potty train eventually)

Learn together and be there to support each other in every decision

Since I've not yet been one myself, I'm not too sure… only to enjoy absolutely every second - and take LOTS of pictures and video, which I have a feeling won't be a problem ;-) 

I don't have children yet but I hear that it is important to focus on each other and not forget about your relationship as husband and wife.  It's important that you keep a strong bond!

Just be their fun, loving, caring selves and they will do great!

Soak it up and make sure you get amazing babysitters like Ashley and Allison!!


What is the one baby item that they MUST have on hand?
Diapers seem logical.
Pacifier. Always!
Diapers.
bouncy chair/swing, ergo baby, and a sound machine
Diapers!
cute outfits, of course!
Hmm I'm not qualified to answer this so I'll say extra treats for Macey Jane because she is going to feel left out : (
Fabulous diaper bag
Vodka. 

What trait/feature do you hope the baby gets from Kyle?
His dance moves.
Courage and bravery. Everyone is so proud of you, Kyle, and I'm sure you will instill these traits in Baby C :) 
Kyle's Smile
Humor
Determination and Patience
Eyes
Calm/easy-going demeanor
Patience
Cute Smile

What trait/feature do you hope the baby gets from Allison?
Her pearly whites.
I would love to see Baby Chance be your little clone :) I definitely hope she gets the beautiful, blond hair that runs in the family, too! And your amazing attention to little details and your big heart. 
Allison's baby blues and shapely lips!
Bubbly personality and gorgeous skin
The love she gives to her family and friends! (and her love of pink!) 
smile, and spunky personality!
Friendliness
Compassion and Responsibility
Organization 

What wish do you have for Baby Girl Chance?
Health, hugs and a happy heart

I wish that she will know how much her parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and family friends are so excited to meet her and love her in the years to come. She'll always have a supportive family and extended family (including all of Allison and Kyle's wonderful friends) that will be there for her as she grows into a young lady. 

To dream big!

I pray that she lives a blessed, joyful and fulfilled life :)

A long life of health, happiness, and full of love!! 

To enter the world healthy and happy - Hawaii will certainly be a place of wonderful memories and new adventures for the Chance Clan!  

I hope that Baby C enters this world safe and healthy and that her mom has a wonderful birth experience! (and Kyle too!)

I wish for baby chance to be a healthy happy baby :)

A lifetime of love, which I know she’ll have.



I am so thankful to each and every person that helped us to celebrate Baby Charlotte! She is loved so much already and I am so grateful for that! Thank you to my mom, sister and mother-in-law for planning a great shower! It was a great day and fun to have one of my Hawaii friends, Kelanie, in attendance as well! I know she already has an aunt who will gladly babysit her any time of day or night! :) 

Enjoy the video of the shower! 



1 comment :

  1. We love it!!

    Miss you,

    Cheryl and Holly

    ....and Nate, Evelyn, and Whit too :)

    ReplyDelete