Sunday, March 2, 2014

19 Weeks Bumpdate

Another great week out here in Hawaii! :) The weather was beautiful and the temps dropped pretty low! I had to bring out a sweater and blanket in the morning and at night!

With the help of a friend, I tackled a project of sewing a valance for our kitchen window to shade from the morning sun. It turned out really great, but it is a little longer than I hoped. I am going to cut and re-sew at some point this week, or I might wait for my mom to help me when she visits in 2 weeks! :)

In reorganizing a cabinet in my kitchen, I found my recipes and pulled out a few for the week. I made Easy Granola Bites for snacks/dessert and Skirt Steak with Chimichurri for dinner last night in celebration of us getting a new grill! The Chimichurri is one of my favorites and is inspired by a meal that I have in Miami when I visit my sister. It's always the first meal I want when I go there!

Easy Granola Bites 
1 cup dry oatmeal
2/3 cup toasted coconut
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract

Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Once chilled roll into balls and stack with wax paper in between. Keep refrigerated for up to one week! 
                      

Chimichurri 
Forgot to take a photo, but this is
what your dish will look like! 
Bunch of cilantro
Bunch of flat leaf parsley
6 garlic cloves
1 to 1 1/2 cups olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt

Marinate the skirt steak the day before you plan to grill in brown sugar, soy sauce and red chili flakes. For the sauce, you can use a food processor or VitaMix to blend. The sauce is really a trial by error and what you like in a sauce. I really like lots of garlic and red wine vinegar! And some like more a thinner consistency and that is where you would add more olive oil! Serve with yellow rice, black beans and fried plantains! Yum! 

On Friday, Kyle's command hosted a Hail and Farewell! Kyle was being hailed since he was a new arrival to the command. We had a great BBQ lunch at one of the pavilions and I was able to meet his co-workers and some of the wives! It was nice to finally put faces with names!


On Saturday, we ventured to Waikiki to watch the sunset and have drinks at House without a Key at the Halekulani Hotel. We had an awesome time enjoying the sunset, listening to Hawaiian music and watching hula! We had dinner reservations at Sabrina's Italian Restaurant so we enjoyed the sunset and then went on to dinner. Our dinner was fabulous, but I'm saving that review for another time. I had Spaghetti Carbonara and Kyle had a large portion of it too. However, at 12:30am I was not keeping that carbonara down (not sure if it was food poisoning or it didn't sit well with me) So, that's enough about that, but I am trying to not let it ruin my view of the restaurant!

Le Mint (lemon and mint slush) and Tropical Itch 


Such a beautiful view! We will definitely be going back and taking our visitors here!

Diamond Head in the background!





How far along? 19 weeks--almost halfway!!
Total weight gain/loss:  still down 10 lbs and I've been eating everything in sight!
Maternity clothes: Loving my shirts with the elastic, but still in my regular pants/shorts/dresses
Stretch marks? None
Sleep? I'm just not as tired as I was. In the morning I am usually awake when Kyle gets up (5:15) and I start playing on my phone and maybe go back to sleep for an hour or so. But I'm really a morning person now! I wonder if that will change when I'm sleep deprived!
Miss Anything? Slush Puppies! I know, weird! It was all I wanted after the beach last week and I couldn't find one so I scoured the internet and found a place that had them in the town that I babysit in. So, I called and confirmed they had slush puppies and went after work on Monday. To my surprise, they weren't slush puppies, just a slushy and it wasn't good. I was sooo upset! So, I think a Coke Icee is gonna have to do for now! 
Movement: She's bouncing around!
Food cravings? Donuts, Gummy Bears (Whole Foods has these amazing pink ones that taste like the Shark Bite gummies from when I was little) and Peanut Butter!
Anything making you sick or queasy? Nope!
 Gender: It's a GIRL!! :) hoping to finalize her name SOON! 
Symptoms:  The girls are experiencing another growth spurt! :) Fun, fun! But other than that just some round ligament pain! 
Labor signs? Nope
Belly button in or out? In, getting very flat!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time?  Happy
Worst moment this week: Lol, my slush puppy let down! 
 Best moment this week: Finding out about the FREE Thompson Square Concert on base in a few weeks and Florida-Georgia Line coming in April! Hawaii doesn't usually get  a ton of performers since it is far, so we are super excited!
Looking forward to: Our babymoon to Kauai over Memorial Day Weekend! We booked it this week and we are excited to explore another island!
Baby info: Baby is the size of a mango, same as last week according to my app, but I can see and feel significant growth in my bump! 

No comments :

Post a Comment