Monday, March 10, 2014

20 Weeks and Nursery Update!

Wow! I can't believe I'm 20 weeks and halfway there. I must admit that sometimes I still don't feel 100% pregnant! Whenever I tell people I'm pregnant and how far along, they give me a weird look like "where is the baby?" I usually laugh and say that I wonder the same thing! All laughing aside, I know she is growing and just likes to stay burrowed in there! :) She gives me some good kicks every now and then to let me know that she is still there! I go back to the doctor later this month and I am excited to see her progress!

Most of you know what Pinterest is, but if you don't, google it! Most people have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest. I love it because it helps to categorize me thoughts, ideas, recipes, designs, etc. Whenever I'm looking for something I pinned, I just look for the board and find the pin! Whenever Pinterest first started, of course I made a board for my unborn children! I think every girl does this for her wedding and future babies. When I got pregnant, I created another board, that was secret, for Baby C. After reviewing both boards, I noticed that I pinned the same nursery in both boards! That solidified my decision for the nursery!
Baby C's Nursery Inspiration
So, I set out to pin and research all the perfect elements for Baby C's nursery. Well, my research quickly concluded when I realized the only baby store on the island was Babies R Us. No Pottery Barn Kids, Buy Buy Baby, etc! Don't get me wrong, Babies R Us is a great store, but I wanted options. So, I set out to the internet thinking I'll just get stuff shipped even though I didn't really want to buy furniture sight unseen. I would find something I would like and then add it to my cart to see what the shipping would be. I knew it would be more, but wanted to see if it was worth it. Well, you can imagine my surprise when I see a message in red saying "Your order cannot be completed as we do not ship to this zip code" I can't tell you how many times my mom and I have encountered this message! We find something perfect on Joss and Main or other furniture sites only to realize we can't get it shipped! One of the main elements of the room that I love is the mirrored dresser. I have a mirrored jewelry chest that I absolutely love! It's such a girly, cute accent piece. However, it did not fare well in our move and is cracked in several places. We have put a claim in with the movers and are waiting to hear back. With that said, I know we will be packing up before too long (July 2015) to head back to the mainland and I could see the mirrored dresser getting destroyed. So, I am hoping to use a mirrored side table to bring in that look!

We did finally settle on a crib, dresser and glider and I am SUPER excited about what we picked out! We chose the Baby Cache Heritage Crib and Dresser. I did lots of research on the cribs because I really wanted a quality piece of furniture, especially since this crib ultimately turns into a double bed for later on. I don't know if we will ultimately use it for that if we have other babies, but I like the option. The furniture has really nice woodworking and I think it will be the perfect place for Baby C to rest her head!
Baby Cache Heritage Crib

We decided on the Kersey Recliner Glider in Shadow and I think it will be the perfect accent piece to the room. The walls are Revere Pewter, but pretty much every other element is white (rug, curtains, bedding, crib, dresser, etc). There will be a few touches of light pink! :) The glider doesn't have an ottoman because the footrest rises in the reclined position, but I plan on ordering a ottoman or pouf to go with the chair!




Kyle is out evaluating a ship this weekend, so unfortunately I don't have bump pics for this week! :( But, I'll be sure to have him take them when he returns! I know you must be devastated! haha :)

How far along? 20 Weeks!
Total weight gain/loss:  gained a pound this week!  Still down 9 lbs. 
Maternity clothes: Still fitting into my regular shorts/pants! I wear alot of regular dresses too!
Stretch marks? None, but started rubbing coconut oil on every night!
Sleep? Slept pretty good this week, definitely was a little nervous sleeping alone in the new house for the first time! We sleep with the windows open and Macey Jane is quite the alert dog and barks at the smallest noises, cars starting, etc. 
Miss Anything? Chick-fil-a 
Movement: Lots of movements and sometimes she gets me pretty good!
Food cravings? Donuts, Icees (they are my afternoon craving) and fruit leather/snacks. I've never been so obsessed with sugar! Help me!! And lately, I cannot seem to get satisfied. I eat and them I am hungry again 1-2 hours later!
Anything making you sick or queasy? Nope!
 Gender: It's a GIRL!! :) We have her first name, but waiting to share until we have her middle name too!
Symptoms:  Lower back pain, trouble getting up from laying down (my belly isn't big yet but for some reason it just feels awkward), bathroom trips 2-3 times a night and always feeling full!
Labor signs? Nope
Belly button in or out? In, but practically flat.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time?  Happy
Worst moment this week: Having Kyle gone this weekend! I am totally used to be alone, but it was just a hard adjustment after we have been together so much in the past several months. 
Best moment this week: A good friend from college welcomed her sweet baby girl into the world on Wednesday! So excited for them and made me realize we will be doing the same sooo soon!
Looking forward to: My family arrives on Friday!!! I could not be more excited and I just hope this week FLIES by! I have a lot to do, but I can't wait for them to get here and show them around the island! I have a nice itinerary planned for their visit! 
Baby info:  I don't know how this is possible, but my app still says mango for Week 20! So a mango she is! 

No comments :

Post a Comment