Tuesday, April 3, 2018

My Top 10 Baby Must-Haves

Baby Hux, 5 days new! Look at that tush!
Photo Credit: Mint Portrait Studio 
I had Charlotte in 2014 and ALOT has changed in the baby world in 4 years. You can read an endless amount of blogs and articles about what you need for baby, but I am big believer that every parent and child is different and what works for you, may not work for others. I've narrowed it down to my top 10 and have linked up the items on Amazon! Be sure to price compare on other sites and on your registry

1. Fisher- Price Rock and Play - This is a lifesaver! Charlotte loved this and so does Hux. Because we have a 2 story home, we registered for another one of these and got the plug-in one that actually rocks. I would highly suggest it! It has a timer and perfect to help soothe baby and fall asleep!

Taking a snooze in the Rock and Play!
2. Wipes Warmer - I know some moms who laugh at the thought of this, but I absolutely love it! We just have one upstairs, but it makes middle of the night changes so much better!

3. Nose Frieda - Hux has already been a little stuffy and this really helps with getting the gunk out. The concept is a little weird, but there is a filter, I promise!

4. Dr. Brown's Bottles - We used these with Charlotte and although the parts are a pain to clean, I really think they help with gas! Hux became a champ at bottle feeding while I was in the hospital and pumping!

5. Ergo Carrier - I love my Ergo! Sadly I haven't had the chance to use it with Hux, yet, but it is great for trips to Target when they get tired of the carseat! Don't forget the infant insert, too!
Rockin the Ergo at the Beach in Hawaii with Charlotte! 
6. Boppy - this pillow makes breastfeeding practically hands free! I would highly suggest one for your living room and one for your bedroom or nursery. Amazon has tons of cover options, too!

The Boppy also makes for a perfect prop for big sister to hold baby! 
7. Spectra S1 (S2) Breast Pump- This is an amazing pump and was literally my best friend in the hospital. I had a Medela hospital grade pump in the room too and both pumps produced the same. I don't know how I messed this up, but make sure you get the S1 as it is portable/battery is chargeable. The S2 is not! I was super bummed I didn't read the descriptions properly! I also highly recommend using The Breastfeeding Shop to order your pump. Look for a post later this year on Military Moms Blog about this service! I keep my pump upstairs in my bathroom and use this awesome hands free nursing bra to pump while I get ready!

8. Carseat/ Nursing Cover - I love this new style! It's more of a t-shirt material and doubles as a nursing cover. The material is lightweight and easy to throw in the wash. It is also super affordable at $9! You can buy multiple!

9. Boon Lawn/Grass Drying Rack - I upgraded to the lawn since we have more bottles and items with Charlotte's cups too. This is great for drying everything. Don't forget the Twig and Stem attachments to hang the parts on!

10. Infant Play Gym  - Charlotte used this as a baby and Hux is loving it now, too. He will lay under it for 20-30 minutes and it really buys me some time to be hands free!

Playing together!

If you had to pick a favorite baby item, what would it be? 

No comments :

Post a Comment