Monday, April 9, 2018

Masters Sunday & Homemade Pimento Cheese


Every year, we have a tradition to make homemade pimento cheese and watch the Masters Golf Tournament! If you have had the privilege of attending this exclusive tournament, you will know that the pimento cheese sandwiches are still just $1.50! What a deal!



We use a recipe that was given to us by Kyle's great uncle and his wife. It's super yummy! Yesterday the weather was amazing! So while Kyle watched the Masters, Charlotte and I played in the backyard  in our bathing suits and got some sun! It was heavenly!

Here is the recipe:

2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated (this makes all the difference)
3 tbsp. chopped pimento
1/2 cup mayo (we prefer Duke's, but when you are in California sometimes this isn't an option)
2 tbsp. grated onion
1 tsp. yellow mustard
1/8 cayenne pepper
Season with salt and pepper.

Serve with crackers or on a sandwich (good ole' white bread is the best)

My lovely chef of a husband whipped this up while I put away groceries and it seriously hit the spot! I can't remember the last time I've had pimento cheese!

If you can't make it homemade, I highly suggest Palmetto Cheese.  It's the best! You can get it at Costco (of course ours in California doesn't have it) or at Publix.

I know what I am having for lunch today! Always double the recipe for leftovers!

No comments :

Post a Comment