Monday, August 7, 2017

Baby Chance #2



Photos by MC Squared
We are so excited to be expecting Baby #2 and it has been extra special sharing this experience with Charlotte. She is super into all things baby right now and even though she doesn't fully understand, she is very excited about the idea of having a baby in our house and a baby brother or sister to call her own!



It was just couple months back that I wrote a post for Jax Moms Blog about conceiving Baby #2. Our journey to have Charlotte was a very short one, so I wasn't sure what to expect for Baby #2. We were under a little more stress with preparing for a cross country, but nevertheless, God always has a plan and here we are now pregnant with #2!

Our first photo as a family of 4!
Charlotte loves the doctor appointments. She is wearing her gloves in this picture!
How did we find out? 
We had just returned back from San Francisco from picking Charlotte up from my mom. We were living in the Navy Lodge while we waited for our house to become available. Every morning, Kyle would go down to the lobby and get breakfast and bring it back to our room. I woke up feeling a little different and just had an inkling that I may be pregnant. I had some tests in my suitcase, so I took one and sure enough it was positive! I realized Charlotte and Kyle would be back any second and I wanted to surprise them, so I quickly threw the test into a Starbucks coffee mug box (I know, so random) and when they walked back in, I told them I had a surprise. Here is what I captured:



I only wish I let the video record longer! Such a sweet memory!

I will be the first to admit, that I immediately went into freak-out mode. I don't think it helped that we were living in a hotel, in the middle of a huge move, with a ton of unknowns. I've talked to many other moms who have felt the same way, but I am much more at ease now that we are more settled. Charlotte will be almost 4 years old when Baby #2 arrives and I think she will be a great helper!

Will we find out the sex? 
As much as I would LOVE to have it be a surprise, we've decided and we just don't think we can keep it a secret. I took the Harmony Blood Test last week and we should have the results soon. Stay tuned for a gender reveal. My guess is girl!

Morning Sickness?
One of the first things people ask when they find out your pregnant is, "How are you feeling?" I am so blessed to be feeling amazing! It was the same with Charlotte! I never had any morning sickness or nausea, just a few food aversions. I instantly dropped 7 lbs. once I got pregnant (that's what not drinking wine will do for ya, whoops) and the same thing happened when I got pregnant with Charlotte. I am thankful that I have been able to stay active, running 2 times a week with my running group and trying new workouts like Cross Fit and Barre. I know I am one of the lucky ones and I feel so blessed to be feeling good!

Cravings? 
Oh goodness, yes these are real. So I definitely have been craving more junk food, for sure, but I try to balance it out everyday with something healthy or doing a Shakeology shake in place of a meal. I treat myself every now and then to a 7-11 Slurpee (this was a huge craving in my pregnancy with Charlotte, too). I also ventured to the next town over to satisfy my Olive Garden craving! We will definitely be making the hour plus trip to San Jose to get Chick-Fil-A soon, too!

Bumpdates?
If you followed my blog during my pregnancy with Charlotte, you'll remember I did bump dates every week in the same black bathing suit! I still go back and reminisce about those posts! I'm really hoping to continue the trend, but not sure I will have enough time or energy to do weekly! It's such a great way to document the pregnancy and makes such a great memory, though.

Thanks for all the well wishes, texts and calls! They mean a lot to us and we are so excited!! We can't wait to find out if Charlotte will have a baby brother or sister!


No comments :

Post a Comment