Saturday, January 18, 2014

Baby Chance, reporting for duty July 2014!

First and foremost, we are excited to announce our new addition arriving in July! I am sure it is not a surprise to anyone that I have been wanting to have kids! However, I outlasted all of the bets took at our wedding, which is in part because Kyle wasn't home, so getting pregnant wasn't going to happen!


As you know, Kyle arrived home from deployment on October 23 and less than a month later, I saw that little pink line! I was definitely surprised as I am a nervous, stress case and thought I will never get pregnant because I am so crazy and can't relax! The movers came to our house on November 12 to begin the pack out process. We were leaving to head to Charleston, SC on November 14 on the way to Kyle's training in Virginia Beach. Our house was completely empty and ready for our tenants to move in. I had a feeling (and had some pregnancy tests) so I took one and the line was very, very faint! Kyle didn't believe it, so we drove up the street to get a early result test and sure enough I was 3 weeks, 6 days pregnant!

Well, we arrived in Hawaii around 1:30pm on Monday and this week has been such a whirlwind and rollercoaster! We have been living out of suitcases for 2 months, so I am quite ready to settle and start nesting as they say happens in the 2nd trimester!
Leaving Orlando with our bags, Macey Jane and Baby C in tow!

Arrived on the island! Kyle's sponsor met us at the airport with beautiful leis! 

We found a perfect place on Tuesday night and by Wednesday afternoon I was taking the deposit to the property manager, but then he called and said the owner had found a tenant. I was so devastated! Kyle checked into his command and that process went really well. We were concerned that he might be underway for RIMPAC, a military exercise, but thankfully his boss said that he will be able to be home for the birth! What a huge relief!

The view from our hotel in Kaneohe, The Paradise Bay Resort

Sunrise at Kailua Beach 

We have continued to look for homes all week. I have lowered my standards and become pretty desperate, but the inventory here is just SO limited! We did get on the wait list for military housing, but that could take up to a year!

We are trying to have some fun today and we are going on a snorkeling excursion! After that we have two showings for homes. So our are fingers are crossed that something will work out. The Navy will pay for our hotel for 60 days, so that is a little reassuring!

I'm looking forward to documenting my pregnancy by doing weekly "bumpdates"! :) I hope you will follow along on our journey to parenthood and raising our "keiki"!


No comments :

Post a Comment