Monday, June 16, 2014

34 Weeks and Birthday Weekend

34 Weeks! I cannot believe I've been pregnant for this long! It has seemed like an eternity at times and seemed to fly at other times! Probably because we have been all over the place ( Florida, Virginia, Florida and Hawaii)! It has been quite the adventure!

This week we celebrated my 26th birthday and like most people say, birthdays get less and less "fun" as you get older! As I creep closer to 30, I try to remember that I'm getting older and wiser, right? Needless to say, I felt very loved on my birthday! From cards, texts, messages and a "happy dirthday" video from my nephew, it was a great day! (He sings to Mater first in the video)

On Saturday, Kyle made breakfast and we opened gifts and then went out on the boat to the sandbar on Kaneohe Bay.  We went with our friends Adam and Kelanie! Kelanie is my Gemini twin and her birthday is the day after mine! Like anything here in Hawaii, as we were driving to the boat the clouds got thick and it started to rain. The same thing happened when my family was here and we had horrible weather for the 4 hours we were on the boat! :( I tried to be optimistic and slowly the weather got better and the sun came back out. We were having a great time, then I started to feel seasick. I went onto the sandbar to try to get on stable land and started to feel better. I got back on the boat and was sick again to the point of no return and tossed my cookies. It was no fun, but I have to be grateful as it was only the 2nd time I've thrown up this pregnancy!
On the boat with Macey Jane and Maverick!
After the boat, Kyle surprised me with dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Kalapawai! Our friends Amanda and Brett came too! Amanda is also pregnant, so there is never a dull moment with us girls! We had a great dinner! On the menu was Watermelon and Avocado Salad, Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Ravioli (yes it was pasteurized) with Brown Butter Sauce and Salted Caramel Gelato for dessert! When we arrived, the hostess informed us that someone had called in a gift certificate for us! Such a sweet surprise from my sister and brother in law!

With my beautiful flowers, sweet cards and Princess Macey Jane! :)
Dinner at Kalapawai



How far along? 34Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Down .5 lbs for a total of 9.5 lbs.
Maternity clothes: I'm running out of options... but I don't really want to buy anymore maternity clothes!
Stretch marks? Not so far!
Sleep? Still getting up early, but sleeping better some nights. I would be lost without my body pillow!


Miss Anything? The usual!
Movement: Lots of movement! She was very quiet after I got sick on the boat and I was worried, but then just when I start to worry, she kicks me and I am reassured!
Food cravings? Popsicles are my new best friend! I get the fruit ones and they really cool me off!
Anything making you sick or queasy? Ugh, going on a boat! I should have known better!
Gender: Girl! :) Miss Charlotte! :) 
Symptoms: Back pain, heartburn, BH contractions when I exercise
Labor signs? Not yet!
Belly button in or out? It's holding on, but you can pretty much see the whole inside.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time?  Happy
Worst moment this week: Getting sick! I feel so blessed for not having nausea/morning sickness in my pregnancy!
Best moment this week: Celebrating my birthday, nesting and organizing Charlotte's room and taking our maternity photos
Looking forward to: Continuing our hospital classes, our hospital tour and 35 week appointment all on Thursday!
Baby info: She is a pineapple! How fitting for Hawaii? And she is weighing in just under 5 lbs! 

No comments :

Post a Comment