Friday, January 19, 2018

Baby Boy's Nursery Inspiration

When we found out we were having a boy, it didn't take long for me to decide that I wanted to do a nautical nursery! Although, for a split second I did consider a Florida Gator nursery (but more muted and classier than typical Gator decor), but we ultimately decided on nautical.

Like everything with Baby #2, we have gotten a late start on pretty much everything. I feel like he is coming soon, because in the last couple of days I have gone into a hardcore nesting mode. We traveled an hour north to Hobby Lobby on Monday to buy some decor items an I am really happy on how it is coming together.

Sweet boy's room is the smallest in our house, so it took some creative thinking to maximize the space! We moved Charlotte's daybed into the nursery so we would have one extra spot for sleeping for guests and got her a queen size bed for when visitors come, too. I also think the twin size bed will come in handy when I need to camp out in his room so Kyle can get some sleep for school!

The night we found out we were having a boy, I was already pinning crib and nursery ideas on Pinterest. Of course, the husband didn't understand why we needed a different crib, we already had one from Charlotte's room that was waiting to be used again. Don't get me wrong it is a beautiful crib, but just didn't go with my theme and was too girly. We agreed if I could sell it, that I could get a new one and I did! :)

I ordered the most adorable anchor monogram right after Christmas and once that arrives we will finish hanging everything and I will share photos of his room! It has become one of Charlotte's favorite places in our house. She loves going in "baby brother's room" and she has even mastered climbing up into his crib. Yikes! She also puts her dolls to sleep in there. It's really sweet!

I ordered this monogram in Navy blue from this Etsy shop.
I can't believe he will be arriving in about a month! It seems like forever since we have had a baby! If you have any new baby must-have items, please send them my way!


No comments :

Post a Comment