Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Family Pics

I think pictures are probably in my top 10 favorite things. They are so special. They capture moments that we may never get back, or ones that we forget about as time goes on. Like the cheesy quote says, "A picture is worth a thousand words".

I love pictures, however I don't love the effort that goes in to taking them, (coordinating outfits, hair/makeup, getting the kids to smile and behave) but the outcome is really special.

I've been sending Christmas cards for a while now, actually I think the first year that Kyle and I started dating in 2008, I sent a "joint" Christmas card. I start thinking about my Christmas cards early, usually in July. What will my theme be? What will we wear? I know this is silly to some, but it is so important to me. Every year, I save one card. I have a card for the past 6 years and they contain such wonderful memories and they really tell the story of our life thus far! I should also note that I love receiving Christmas cards and I proudly display them on "Pinterest-inspired" ribbons on my kitchen cabinets. I meant to take a picture of them this year, but I forgot. It looks something like this.

Christmas Card Display Idea

This past week, we took photos with my family visiting from Florida. Last year, around March, we took a similar photo but we were minus two family members, Charlotte and Kate.

Oh what a difference a year makes! 

This year's photo at Ko'Olina 

A few of my favorites! 


Gaga and her angels!


Sister and our twin cousins!

The center of all our attention, Robby aka Boopy

Thornburg Family

This says it all! Kyle you actually got Robby to smile! 

I have to brag on Kyle and my awesome camera! We didn't have a photog this year, so these are straight from my Canon Rebel, unedited! As you will see, the pics of everyone else turned out really well! Kyle is an awesome photographer! Ok, enough bragging on him!




No comments :

Post a Comment