Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Favorite Places Sign Party

My friend and fellow Stroller Warrior Mom, Sara, has the cutest little sign business here in Hawaii! I'm sure you have all heard of or been invited to a painting party of some type. You have a glass of wine, some appetizers and the instructor teaches you how to paint a particular picture. If you are like me, that picture doesn't turn out that pretty and instead of it gracing the walls of your lovely home, it gets shoved in a closet! I hope you have had better luck, but for most "art" stuff I put Kyle in charge!

When I saw Sara's signs on Facebook, I was instantly intrigued because everyone's "art" looked picture perfect! I immediately told Sara I wanted to host a party and we decided on what design we would do. The "favorite places" sign is great because it is so versatile. You can put duty stations, places you've been with your husband or like most of did, our favorite places! The writing on the sign is vinyl, so it's fail proof and looks so cute! 

We all chose colors for our boards; one for the bottom and one for the top and then we distressed them. While our boards dried, we were able mingle and enjoy some wine and apps!







I love how unique all of the signs were and how we were all able to add our own personal touch! Thank you Sara for your awesome design eye and for handling all eleven signs! If you are interested in hosting a party, you can contact Sara on her Facebook page, Simply Signs by Sara Sealy!








Applying the vinyl!

With our finished signs!

No comments :

Post a Comment