Tuesday, May 27, 2014

31 Weeks Bumpdate and Babymoon!

What a great week! We just returned from Kauai from our Babymoon weekend and we had a blast!

Saturday morning we had a 4am wakeup call to finish packing and get to the airport! Our flights got messed up because we were previously booked on another airline and then they went out of business! So once we re-booked the options for flying out were fairly limited. At the airport, there is a separate terminal for inter-island travel which makes it really easy for flying out. You get to park right outside the terminal too!

We arrived in Lihue and the weather wasn't the best! We had planned to do a sunset dinner cruise of the Na Pali Coast that afternoon, so we took some time to drive around the island and we had lunch at an old sugar cane plantation and did a train ride of the plantation as well! It was really fun!
Kyle's been wanting a coconut ever since we have been in Hawaii! He finally got one!
Delicious lunch at Gaylord's at Kilohana Plantation

Train Ride at Kilohana Plantation

We went to the check in for our dinner cruise and I was devastated because I wasn't allowed on the boat! We had to sign waivers before boarding and in big bold letters it said "NO PREGNANT WOMEN". I was really upset as I had emailed with the company, Blue Dolphin Charters, and explained we were coming on our Babymoon. The sales rep who wrote me back even acknowledged and congratulated me on the pending arrival of Charlotte! I think I was most upset because the Na Pali Coast is the top thing to see in Kauai and is only accessible by boat! Thankfully we were able to receive a full refund. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise because they were selling dramamine and ginger candies for sea sickness. I didn't even think about how that may affect me, so maybe it was for the better! So, we had a romantic dinner right on the water instead!
The Na Pali Coast
Now we will have to go back to Kauai so we can see it! 
Jacuzzi and Mai Tais!


Dinner at Oasis
On Sunday, we were up early as usual! Even with central AC and blackout curtains, we both woke up before 6! Kyle did a run on the beach and I walked! I have to say our beaches are prettier in Kailua! :) We ventured up to the Princeville/Hanalei area and saw some beautiful beaches. I read in a magazine that on Kauai there is not a building that is bigger than a coconut tree! Obviously there are a few larger resorts, but you get a very secluded, un-touched feeling in Kauai that is really nice! We also ventured to Poipu for dinner and it was so cute! It reminded me of a beach town and they had a great city center with restaurants and shops! However, if you didn't turn left off of the two lane road, you would never know it was there! Overall, we drove 280 miles in the 3 days we were there! My vision of a babymoon was to sit by the pool and sip virgin daiquiris (which we did for a little bit) but the weather wasn't really the best and it forced us to venture out and explore the island, which I am really happy about! In Hawaii, if it is raining in one part, just drive to another part and you will have sun! :)
River Cruise down the Wailua River 
The Fern Grotto
Opaeka'a Falls 


Lunch in Hanalei
On Monday, we ventured to Kapaa for breakfast and then to the pool for some last minute sun before heading home! It was a great trip and I'm so glad that we got to see another island! Hopefully we can head to Maui with Charlotte before we move off the island!
Soaking up the sun before heading home!

31 Weeks in Kauai

How far along? 31 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 2 lbs this week for a total of 8lbs. ( did I mention we had ice cream every day in Kauai?)
Maternity clothes: Oh yes! Love the new red maxi I just got and now coming up with outfit ideas for our maternity photos!
Stretch marks? Nope! Lathering up with oil and lotion every night! :)
Sleep? Ahh, the heartburn has been killing me at night! Last night I was awake until midnight just tossing and turning!

Miss Anything? Central AC and Tijuana Flats, haha! 
Movement: Always moving!
Food cravings? Ice Cream, Chocolate, Peanut Butter! :) So healthy, right?
Anything making you sick or queasy? Hmm not really!
Gender: Girl! :) Miss Charlotte! :) 
Symptoms:  Feeling pretty good, just tired alot! Trying to continue my exercise, but not stressing when it doesn't happen! :) Did 2 miles today!
Labor signs? Not yet!
Belly button in or out? Still in. But really looks like an outie in all of my shirts!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time?  Happy
Worst moment this week: Coming back from Kauai and back to reality! Thankfully the trade winds are back and it has cooled off a bit! :)
Best moment this week: Our lamaze class and Babymoon! I feel so much more empowered about the labor process after just one week of class! Of course, the Babymoon was awesome and getting to spend time together in a beautiful place is always a plus!
Looking forward to: My big 2-6 birthday is coming up next month! :)
Baby info: She is a head of lettuce! She is now "sleeping" longer stretches and I can definitely tell when she is sleeping or active (about every 3-4 hours). 

No comments :

Post a Comment