Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

This past week, I began decorating the house for Christmas! I don't know how it is already December! It feels like we were just arriving back to the "mainland" a couple weeks ago. Time is flying and I just want it to slow down!

This year, we spent the Thanksgiving weekend in Sarasota with my family. Normally, I would be picking up my Christmas tree first thing Friday morning, along with some great Black Friday deals, but that didn't happen this year! So, we are playing catch up to get decorated for Christmas!

We got our tree on Monday after work. Sadly, we got it home and it did not fit in the house! The top of the tree grazed the ceiling... Oops! We thought it was an 8 ft. tree, but I think it was more like 9 ft! So, that project was on hold until we could saw off some of the base!

Picking out our tree!
I brought down all of our decor from the attic on Tuesday and I was just so happy. I hadn't seen some of my Christmas decor for 2 years! (1st year we were in Virginia Beach, 2nd year we were in Hawaii with limited decorations) I was even more elated that now I get to decorate Charlotte's room and playroom! In between a few work emails and calls, I listened to Christmas music and began to decorate! I even started to hang the lights on the exterior of the house against my husband's orders to not get on a ladder! I just wanted to help expedite the process, especially because there isn't much daylight left once Kyle gets home!
Outdoor Lights!

This year I added wreaths and candles to the windows!

All things gold- our tree this year! 

Love the simple, classic look of the tree this year! Normally I mix a dark red, but I like the simplicity of all gold.
I'm so excited about the holiday season and sharing all of our traditions with Charlotte. I think she is still a bit young for Elf on the Shelf, but I did bring it out anyway! I showed it to her and it "he/she" went straight in her mouth!
Charlotte's Christmas Tree
Even Macey Jane has a tree!
Charlotte's Christmas Corner in her playroom 
We plan to take Charlotte to see Santa Claus this weekend. I'm not sure if we can top last year's photos; they were pretty perfect! We have lots of holiday events this week and Kyle's Christmas Party on Thursday night! This is such a fun time of year!
Charlotte with Santa in 2015- 5 months old!

No comments :

Post a Comment