Sunday, October 18, 2015

It's Fall Y'all

I think I'm part of the 99% of the world that loves the fall season! I wasn't the first one at Starbucks to grab the first PSL of the season, but I have indulged in one or two since they made their debut a few weeks ago! I have pumpkin creamer in my fridge and pumpkin waffles in my freezer! Thanks, Trader Joe's! In Hawaii, we didn't have seasons (it was always hot) and I literally got to bring one bin of fall holiday decor with me. It just didn't feel like fall at all! Now that we are back in Jacksonville, I am definitely experiencing fall and love it! It's been chilly (in the 60s in the morning) and the air is a little more crisp. We have been to the pumpkin patch and have pulled out our winter clothes and boots! So fun!

Our garage is slowly getting organized, but my fall decor still isn't accessible! :( I'm hoping that changes this weekend and I can finally get my pumpkins out! Here is what I was able to come up with so far!

Our fall decor thus far, sad I know!
$10 Mum from Costco,  a pumpkin from one of my many trips to Home Depot
and a fall wreath from Hobby Lobby that I have used for several seasons, purchased with a 40% off coupon, of course! 
We took Charlotte to the pumpkin patch on Monday and had so much fun! There was a small petting zoo, too. Charlotte loved the animals! We even went down the bounce house slide! So adventurous! Here are few pics from our fun day at the patch! 







Here is a little DIY project that you can do in your own neighborhood or with friends. When we were in Hawaii, we lived in an amazing, close-knit neighborhood. I got "Boo'd" right before Halloween and I think I cried. I obviously was a new mom and very hormonal, but I thought it was such a sweet idea! So, I am sharing my "Boo'd" ideas with you. The goal is that this little project will keeping giving and before you know it, your whole neighborhood will have been "Boo'd"! 

Check out Target or Walmart and stock up on some items for your basket or bag. Here is what I included: 
  • Pumpkin container from Target
  • Individual Goldfish packs 
  • Seasonal Candle 
  • Magnetic Notepad 
  • Candy Corn 
Once you have your items, find a printable online or just write something out! Pinterest has a lot of ideas! I used this site for printables.  I would advise printing on cardstock or backing it with a thicker paper so it holds up. The "We've been Boo'd" sign will get posted on your neighbor's door, so it needs to withstand the elements. The idea is to start with 2 neighbors, then those 2 neighbors each give to 2 more neighbors. I have 3 friends in the neighborhood, so I did all 3! (I hope they aren't reading this!) I've also seen this done for other holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas! So fun! 


I got all my supplies at Target and spent less than $20!
I had thought of doing a homemade treat, but then decided against it since the recipient isn't supposed to know who sent it. If you don't know who sent it, would you really eat it?!?!
Instead, I divided candy corn into treat bags and tied with baker's twine! 
On Saturday, our neighborhood hosted a Fall Festival complete with a petting zoo, horse rides, bounce house, face painting and a balloon artist! Charlotte took a long morning nap so we got there right at the heat of the day. Charlotte absolutely loved the animals and was so excited to pet them. The animals just sat there while all the kids poked and prodded them! Charlotte even rode the horse and wasn't scared at all. She looked like a little pro with her hand on the horn and all.







Another great weekend in the books! Have a great week everyone! 

No comments :

Post a Comment