Sunday, November 2, 2014

Charlotte: 3 Months

Wow, the past month has been a whirlwind! A month ago, we were heading to the airport to fly home to Florida! We had a jam-packed 2 weeks in Florida that included meeting friends and family, going to Jacksonville, spending a few days in Miami, going back to Orlando, visiting Sea World and eating at my favorite restaurants! For the most part, the trip was perfect! Charlotte began to protest napping, which had me a little crazy, but I assured myself that it would all get back to normal once we returned home.

Well, we have been home for 2 weeks now and I think her pre-Florida schedule is slowly starting to return. The first few days back were pretty brutal. From about 3 weeks old, Charlotte slept for a good 6 hour stretch, so I never felt that exhausted. I would only "need" a nap about 6 days or so when I was feeling worn down. Less than 48 hours after I returned home, Kyle's aunts and grandmother arrived! I scrambled to get the house ready, as my original flight on Monday was cancelled because of weather in Dallas. Everything came together and we had a nice visit with Kyle's family! They got to spend time with Charlotte and we played tourist a couple of days too!

Last Thursday, we moved Charlotte into her crib, cold turkey! She had been fighting sleeping on her back, but we knew it was time! She has such a beautiful room and we are glad that she is finally starting to use it! :)

The many faces of Charlotte... 








Weight: According to our scale at home, she is 13 lbs!
Diaper Size: Size 2 (and they are getting tight)
Clothing Size: 0-3 month clothes are TIGHT, anywhere from 3-6months is fitting her pretty well!
Eye Color: Pretty and Blue
Sleeping Habits: I don't think I can accurately describe her sleep schedule as she has slept as long as 5 hours to as short as 45 minutes at night. Naps are right around 20-45 minutes (I hope this changes, soon) She takes a little cat nap and feels instantly recharged! Great for her, but not great for this momma and getting things done!
Adventures this Month: Going on her first plane ride, visiting Florida, going to Sea World, seeing her first movie in the theater!
Visitors: her aunts and great grandma
Milestones: Started laughing (so cute), reaching and grabbing toys in her play gym, standing in our laps and taking little steps
Favorite Toy: She loves music and loves it when I sing to her. While in Florida, we visited my nephew's school and I did a presentation on Hawaii. They sang a song that went like this "Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning to you, A day is Beginning There's so Much to Do"! I sing that to her when I go into get her in the morning and she just loves it! She gives me the biggest smile. I need to capture it on video!
Looking forward to: being back home and getting back into our routine and schedule. Halloween is Friday, but we are still trying to nail down her costume! My grand plan for a family costume will have to wait until next year because we simply ran out of time! 

No comments :

Post a Comment